What’s Green Energy? Green energy is energy that’s generated so that it’s less of an adverse effect on our surroundings than other energy sources that people use including the fossil fuels of petroleum and coal. Greener kinds of energy which can be used are solar, wind, hydroelectric, and geothermal. Listed here are the top ten reasons to convert to “greener” energy.
1. Stop strip mining for coal. Strip mining for coal is an environmental travesty. Whole tops of surrounding countryside and mountains are left standing nude and bare due to strip mining.
2. Quit drilling for petroleum. If we are using more green energy we wouldn’t have to drill for so much more, and all the risk that entails like bursting oil rigs and oil wells that leak millions of barrels of fuel oil into our oceans.
3. Cease shedding the petroleum. All of the oil that’s shed in transport and drilling is extremely damaging to coastlines and our oceans. Additionally, oil spills kill numerous seabirds as well as other sea-life.
4. Enjoy our cash although quit purchasing oil from nations who despise us. That is geopolitics 101.
5. Discontinue burning coal to generate electricity which causes serious air pollution
6. Cease burning petroleum products (gasoline, jet fuel, diesel oil) for transport functions which creates poor air quality.
7. Using wind power that is free to produce electricity is not more expensive.
8. Using free sun power (solar energy) to create electricity is more affordable.
9. Using free hydroelectric and geothermal power to generate electricity is not more expensive.
10. Just worse!